Opp Management/Quote Prep Needs
- If the prospects do quoting in a spreadsheet, we want a copy of that. CPQ is almost always a fit, even if the configuration of the new product is simple, pricing may not be. For example, many Discrete manufacturers offer discount in what are called “Price Bands” Brice Bands offer volume discounts, so if a customer buys 1 to 500, the price is $XX, but if they buy 501 to 1,000, the price drops to $YY.
- This is right up CPQ’s alley and using CPQ gives us the ability to provide these details on a single quote, whereas base Salesforce quoting would not really let us have multiple pricing options on the record.
- In addition, customers may want to see multiple versions of a quote before deciding which way to go. CPQ gives us the ability to manage this.
Questions to Ask
- How do you quote new products for existing customers? What is the process? Who is Involved from your side?
- How do you quote new products for Leads? What is the process? Who is Involved from your side?
- •How involved is Design in the Quote Prep process?
- How involved is Engineering in the Quote Prep process?