Job Shop Manufacturing Playbook
Hörmann is an example of a Job Shop Manufacturer. August Hörmann, founder of the company, started manufacturing steel doors in his metalworking shop back in the 1930s. Today, Hörmann is one of the world’s leading door manufacturers and a global leader in today’s building components industry. Hörmann manufactures custom high speed automated doors for Firehouses, Warehouses, Cold Storage facilities and many other industries.
- Unlike repetitive or discrete manufacturing, Job Shop Manufacturers produces made-to-order (MTO) or made-to-stock (MTS) items.
- These items are HIGHLY CONFIGURABLE, with multiple product “Options” and are typically produced in small batches or singularly.
- The production of their products are so highly customized that the production line is essentially reset each time a new product is produced.
- Prospects in this segment make items such as heavy machinery, custom sized equipment (doors) or Equipment used in other manufacturing processes (Spoolers, wire, etc.).
- Other examples of job shops include – a machine tool shop, a machining center, a commercial printing shop, and other manufacturers that make custom products in small lot sizes.
Understanding the Need
We think these are the main areas of business where Job Shop Manufacturers struggle and where Salesforce can be of greatest immediate value. Key to this sector is Account Management, Quote Prep & usually Service. If your Prospect has a Partner channel, Community Cloud could also fit in the mix
In the links below we cover typical issues and ”How We Can Help” – the Questions you need to ask – and the Answers you need to figure out the best mix of products.
- Account Management – Sales Cloud and Maps
- Data Analysis – Enterprise Edition
- Opportunity Management – Sales Cloud & CPQ
- Post Implementation/Project Management – Enterprise Edition
- Customer Support – Service Cloud & FSL
- Partner Channel Support – Community
- Marketing Automation – Marketing Cloud
- Challenges and Risks to the Sales Cycle
Useful Tools for the Job Shop Manufacturing Sales Cycle
Quick Demo for Job Shop Manufacturers
This link will take you to our YouTube Channel – and a link to a quick Video Demonstration of Salesforce for Discreet Manufacturers. We included SF Maps, and Sales Cloud only, although we can send a separate video for CPQ if that makes more sense.
Slides for use in Initial Scoping Sessions
This link will take you to a set of Slides that you can use in your discovery sessions. In it, you will find a page of Job Shop Manufacturing logos, a chart that illustrates pain on the customer side and a series of Scoping questions, and potential risks with these kinds of Prospects.
PDF of the Job Shop Manufacturing Playbook
Finally, this link will take you to a PDF of the Job Shop Manufacturing Playbook you can use as a Desk Reference…
Customer Successes in Job Shop Manufacturing
Use these links to see Client Success Stories for BlackIron Group Manufacturing Clients
- Hörmann Doors
- New England Wire
Contact Dan Corbett – Founding Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (GChat) – email@example.com
- Centor Vacuum Industries
- Orion Industries
Contact Peter Anderson – Managing Partner firstname.lastname@example.org or (GChat) – email@example.com